The EADV Honours and Awards Committee, under the chairmanship of Dr. Michael Boffa, offers to young dermato-venereologists or resident/trainees under 35 years of age, scholarships consisting of a free registration to the symposium and EUR1000, minus the fee of a one-year EADV membership (for the upcoming calendar year) according to the status of each recipient.
The scholarships offered by the EADV
- MICHAEL HORNSTEIN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP –offered to one selected applicant from each Central, Eastern, Western & Northern European country.
- JOHN STRATIGOS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP –offered to one selected applicant from each Southern European & Mediterranean country.
- IMRICH SARKANY NON- EUROPEAN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP – offered to a maximum of twelve (12) young dermato-venereologists from non-European countries.
(Applicants from Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Turkey must apply for the John Stratigos Memorial scholarship)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: CLOSED
A minimum of 5 points are required to win a scholarship. Points are awarded according to the following scoring system:
|International publication ( journal and chapters in books )||3 points|
|National publication (journal and chapters in books)||2 points|
|Oral presentation (if made personally by you) and Poster presentation (valid only if you are the first or last author)||1 point|
Only applications completed as per the requested format will be considered by the Honours and Awards Committee. All other Applications will be automatically rejected.
For more information about scholarships and grants and how to apply, please visit the EADV website
Use of Data – Authorisation
The data made available through the online registration system are gathered and treated by the EADV in compliance with the Swiss regulation on data protection, in particular in compliance with Sec. 4 of the Swiss Federal Law of June 19, 1992 on Data Protection. All data are treated by the EADV only for organisational purposes, in particular for the registration to Meetings as well as for the monitoring of credits for the Continuing Medical Education of the participants.
At any Congress and Symposium each participant receives one badge carrying the family name and the first name of the participant as well as a QR code. Through the QR code all data on this form can be accessed through software at the sole disposal of the EADV. Each participant shall consider that by accepting any scanning of the badge / or SpotMe QR code at any stand at the Congress or Symposium, the participant gives his/her authorisation to the EADV to transfer the data of the participant regarding his/her postal address and e-mail to the holder of the stand (usually a pharmaceutical company), including the authorisation to use said data for purposes such as the promotion of pharmaceutical products and similar.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Required documentation (in English only)
• The Scholarship Application Form completed online
• A short CV (not more than 3 pages)
• A list of publications written as explained in the document “How to prepare my publications list” available on the website
• A letter of support written by a “Specialist” EADV member endorsing the application
• A letter of support, written on official headed paper, signed and stamped, written either by the training director/ head of department, hospital or clinic endorsing the application
• A current copy of the applicant’s training certificate in English indicating the start and end date or specialist certificate
• A copy of ID (i.e. identity card, passport) with a passport-size photo
A minimum of 5 points are required to win a scholarship.