Nowadays we get a lot of skin issues due to the impurities present in the environment. Children are affected much faster as their skin is fragile and developing. We must take extra precautions while we take our children out and make sure they are very well dressed and all the skincare has been given to them before going under the sun or for playing.
The Common Skin Problems Observed In Children
- Diaper dermatitis – Diaper dermatitis is also known as diaper rash and is quite commonly seen in a child. The main reason for this is that the diaper is not removed for a pro longed period of time and the accumulated urine or faeces have started causing irritation leading to the rashes on the child. This can also occur if the diaper is not made up of good materials which might also cause irritation. The best way to prevent this is to apply some moisturizer on the child before putting on the diaper so that there is a layer between the skin and the diaper.
- Atopic dermatitis – Atopic dermatitis is also known as Eczema. Eczema is commonly found in children`s and the cause of this is still not known. Mandy doctors and scientist believe that this is caused due tot eh genetics or lower immune system or at times the environment as well. In this the skin turns dry and is usually observed on feets, hands, or faces of a child. For treating Atopic dermatitis topical steroids are used in limited quantity as directed by the doctors or the health care professionals.
- Ringworm – This is mostly caused to kids when they go out to play and share their things. Many a times sharing a sports gear or towels can lead to this. This causes an itchy cover on the affected area making it red. The treatment for ringworm is quite simple as the doctor might recommend some anti fungal cream as per your skin type and this can be treated in a week.
- Chicken Pox – Chicken pox is most commonly found in children but however nowadays it is less seen due to the vaccination drives that have taken place. Chicken pox is generally caused by a virus known as varicella which causes fever and high body temperature. Chicken pox can be treated very easily at home and takes about a week to be better. There is irrational itching all over the skin with blisters as well. One needs to make sure that they don’t explode these blisters as they tend to form more.
- Warts – Warts form mostly on children`s hand as they go out and play in dirt. Warts is caused by a virus known as warts and mostly disappear on their own. If the condition is not improving in a week or so then it is advisable to visit a doctor or a health care professional.
- Heat Rash – Heat rash is most commonly found in all kids. These are caused due to excessive sweating which makes red pimple eruptions mostly on the neck or on the forehead part. This is caused as kids play a lot under the sun. Hence it is highly important that you dress your kids appropriately and make sure they use sun screen while playing under the sun. Heat rash in many cases goes away on its own or one can use cold ice packs or anti fungal cream as well for this.
- Coxsackie – Coxsackie is also known as Hand foot mouth disease and is most commonly seen in children`s. Coxsackie starts with a low fewer and later develops in to a rash on the body and is mostly in the hands or the feet region. The mouth also becomes sour and causes very high irritation for the child. These disease goes away on its own but in case it gets worse it is advisable to visit a doctor. It takes roughly one week to get rid of Coxsackie.
Above are the most common skin diseases that affect a child and in many cases, home remedies work in resolving them, however, if the conditions worsen do consult a health care professional who will be able to assist in a better way.
You may also read: What Is The Best Turmeric Supplement?